Create a Better You
Here at Advance, our patients are at the center of everything we do! It’s our commitment to do all that we can to help our patients – and the entire community – progress, improve, and move toward a healthier lifestyle. With access to affordable, quality health care you have the ability to create a better you!
Take the next step and become a patient today.
Insurance and payment options
We accept a variety of payment options to meet your needs. Whether uninsured or privately insured, our goal is to eliminate as many barriers as possible to give you access to the quality care you deserve!
Accepted Insurance Plans
We accept a wide variety of insurance plans including but not limited to:
- AmeriHealth Caritas of NC
- Carolina Complete Health
- Healthy Blue of NC
- Aetna – Commercial
- Aetna Medicare
- Cigna – Commercial
- United Healthcare – Commercial
- United Healthcare Medicare
- Humana – Commercial
- Humana Medicare
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Wellcare of NC
- BCBS of NC
- Blue Medicare
- HMO / PPO
Want to check to see if your insurance plan is accepted? Give us a call at 919-833-3111.
- Sliding Scale Fee Discount Program: We have a Sliding Scale Fee Discount Program based on family size and household income. To apply please print and complete the Sliding Scale Fee Discount application.
- For applicants with zero income, additional supporting documentation will be needed. This may include verification from your sponsor (or the person covering your expenses). Please note these income guidelines are set by the federal government, not Advance Community Health.
We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards (MasterCard and Visa). Please note that payment is expected at time of service.
Frequently asked questions
Appointments and scheduling
How do I schedule an appointment?
Give us a call at 919-833-3111 and we’ll gladly assist you with scheduling an appointment!
What should I bring to my first appointment?
We look forward to welcoming you! On the day of your first appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to register and bring the following items:
- A valid identification card
- An insurance card if you have one
- Medications you are currently taking
- Medical records if you are transferring from another medical provider
To save time during the check-in process, you can print and complete the patient registration packet:
Are walk-in or emergency appointments available?
We offer a limited number of same day or walk-in appointments for patients needing more urgent care. Walk-in patients will be added to the schedule as openings become available. For ease of access, we recommend that you give us a call at 919-833-3111 to see what appointments are available.
Can I reach a provider after regular business hours?
Absolutely, you can reach us at any time! Just give us a call at 919-833-3111 and our answering service will connect you with an on-call provider.
Insurance and payment
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, debit cards, and money orders. We also accept major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Which insurance plans do you accept?
Medicaid, Medicare, HMO/PPO, and most commercial insurance plans.
What if I don’t have insurance? Can I still be seen by a provider?
Absolutely! We accept ALL patients, regardless of whether or not they have health insurance. We offer a Sliding Fee Discount Program for those without insurance that is based on household income.
I need help enrolling in health insurance. What should I do?
Advance Community Health has Certified Application Counselors available to assist with Medicaid/CHIP and Marketplace/Affordable Care Act insurance enrollment. To schedule your FREE enrollment assistance appointment, give us a call at 919-752-8555
What is the Sliding Fee Discount Program and how do I apply?
The Sliding Fee Discount Program is based on household income and the number of dependents in the household. Your income will help determine the level of discount provided for our services. Click here to download your application (Spanish). Please provide the following items along with your application.
- Your last 30 days of income information. If you are unemployed or have nontraditional income, please call us to discuss what other income information we will need you to bring.
- Form of picture ID : Please bring your ID and Spouse ID
- Proof of dependent information (for kids under the age of 18) – social security card, Medicaid card, birth certificate, or school picture ID are all accepted.
Are you a free clinic?
No, our centers do not provide free services. However, our goal is to reduce as many barriers to care as possible. We accept most insurances and offer a variety of payment options to meet your needs.
I need help paying for my medication. What should I do?
Our Drug Assistance Program (DAP) provides discounted prescriptions on select medications for patients who qualify. Stop by one of our pharmacy locations to learn more.
Do I have to be a patient to use your pharmacy?
Yes, patients must be established with our medical and/or dental centers to access our pharmacy.
Do I have to be a medical patient to use your dental services?
No, you do not have to be a medical patient to use our dental services. However, our holistic approach to health is what makes us so special. We would love the opportunity to serve you in both areas.